To create a front and rear family garden that compliments and enhances the strong symmetry of the client’s contemporary new build house. Key was the site line from the large living room window out to the rear garden. Lighting throughout the garden.
- Driveway to park 3 cars
- Create plant borders in front of the bay windows
- Plant borders to soften the driveway
- Inclusion of a focal point tree which also gives soft screening
- Bin storage
Family garden to be divided up into 2 sections with a transition area dividing them. Lighting throughout the garden.
Section One – up by the house
- Large paved terrace for dining, entertaining and relaxing
- Boundary screening along terrace
- Contemporary fish pond
- Large lawn area
- Contemporary simple path down the garden.
- Planting to provide year-round interest
- Create a change of pace
- Seating area that creates a focal point and a reason to go down the garden
- Relaxed planting
- Soft plant screening for the wooden planned garden room/office at end of the garden